At the Bankruptcy Law department, led by Carmen Pérez Andújar ITER Law professionals advise companies so that they can make the right decisions when restructuring their business, taking into account corporate, commercial, labour, and financial aspects.
Our extensive experience in restructuring groups and companies allows us to customise restructuring plans to the needs of the business and the current situation of the market. We assess each client’s legal and financial capacities and offer them effective, innovative solutions.
ITER Law analyses existing corporate structures and presents a restructuring proposal that is in line with the client’s actual needs. This may include mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, MBOs, LBOs, and other forms of corporate restructuring.
Likewise, when the restructuring process is not feasible, we support our clients throughout the insolvency process, advising them at every stage along the way. We also advise clients interested in the purchase of production units or bankruptcy assets, as well as creditors who wish to become parties to insolvency proceedings in order to defend their interests.
In addition, our professionals are appointed by the courts and act as insolvency receivers, performing the appropriate duties.
Learn more about our services
- Debt restructuring, refinancing, and renegotiation
- Preparation and presentation of feasibility plans
- Applications for insolvency proceedings and follow-up
- Strategy for and intervention in insolvency proceedings
- Defence of creditors’ rights
- Advice on receivers’ liability
- Advice on acquisitions of production units or assets in insolvency proceedings