1. Data collected
- Access to content or services in which data is requested. Without prejudice to the foregoing, in order to access certain information or to use certain content or services on the Website, IL may require certain personal data from the User, which may include, fundamentally, name, surname, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number. In these cases, IL will provide the User with the necessary information before proceeding to process his/her data.
2. Data controller
IL, with registered office at C. Antonio Maura 4, 2º, Madrid (Spain) and Tax Identification Number B87785770 is responsible for the processing of the data collected or generated as a result of access, use and browsing by Users on the Website and for the control of the Website, as well as for the data requested to access certain content and services.
3. Purposes of the processing
IL has a legitimate interest in using the information collected or generated to:
- manage requests for information, content or services that Users expressly request or with their consent,
- manage the selection processes as well as the relationship with the candidates,
- improving the Website, its management and security,
- to carry out studies to analyse the relevance and use of the Website, including by means of anonymised information,
- when permitted by the applicable regulations, inform Users about the latest news and developments in the legal sector and IL through publications, commercial campaigns, seminars and other initiatives.
In the event that any of the service providers or computer systems are located outside the EU, IL will adopt all the guarantees that are applicable in accordance with the regulations foreseen to guarantee adequate data management.
5. Legal basis and retention
The legal basis that allows IL to process Users’ data is:
- Users’ voluntary access to and browsing of the Website,
- the request by Users for information or certain content or services,
- the consent given by the User for inclusion in the database of candidates,
- compliance by IL with legal obligations,
- the legitimate interest in improving the Website and its security, as well as in carrying out studies and analyses on the operation and use of the Website, and
- in the event that the User consents or the legitimate interest of IL is applicable, the sending of information, news about IL and its services and current events in the legal sector.
The data will be kept for as long as there are contractual obligations derived from the services or contents requested by the Users and, subsequently, until the extinction of the legal, contractual or deontological responsibilities that require them to be kept (e.g., until the extinction of the responsibility derived from the data protection or cybersecurity regulations). In the event that data is processed for the purpose of sending information, it may be kept as long as the User does not object to receiving information by any of the various free and simple means made available to him/her.
6. Users’ rights
The User may exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation of processing and portability, where applicable, with respect to the processing for which IL is responsible, by writing to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of identity.
Copyright 2021 ITER Law & Partners, S.L.P. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited. All rights reserved.
Last version: May 2021